Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 5

Well week 5 was filled with Criminal Law, 16 hours of lecture on it plus 4 hours on Environmental Crimes and 4 hours on Natural Resource Law and Protection Strategies.  That sums up Monday through Wednesday.  On Thursday and Friday things picked up.  We went to the shooting range and I was able to fire a hand gun for the first time.  I wasn't a bad shot and I enjoy shooting.  We practice drawing to fire, speed, accuracy and magazine exchanges.  Right now our range we practice from is from 3 yards to 7 yards, pretty close next week we will be shooting long distances.  The other class we had Thursday and Friday was Defensive Tactics, which I think stands for let the instructor beat the crap out of you in front of the class.  We only had a few concussions and we all felt whip-lash Friday and Saturday.  It was cool learning the different moves and tossing your buddies around. EMT-B training is going well, we get to start working at the hospital and start riding on EMT calls with hands on! Cool.
The weekend was studying and the SuperBowl, WOW what a game!  My new friends saw a different side of me that most of you already know.  Man I think I aged 10 years during that 4th quarter.  I didnt get to see Janelle, she is going to come up for awhile next weekend. 
I just finished my test and I have no idea how I did, I am sure I passed but ....  Today is the first day of 13 days straight of 8-5pm including Sunday, it will be a long 2 weeks!
I hope everyone is well, don't forget to call me and leave me a message!!

No comments: