Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 7

Well week 7 went extremely slow due to not getting any days off to separate it from week 6.  My friend Sara has renamed days to leading up to the weekend, so this last week went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday1, Wednesday2, Wednesday3.........Wednesday9, Thursday, Friday then the weekend. Anyways week7 was 16 hours of arrest, search and seizure, plus Radio 2, Gang awareness G and Rules of Evidence.  In Defensive tactics we got to start throwing punches and pulling hair.  There is nothing more awkward then practicing pulling hair of women while throwing them to the ground. During Firearms I got to lay in the mud on my side while shooting at the target, very cool!!
One of the highlights of the week was Janelle setting up a surprise birthday party for me and Sara (hers is the 10th) with Alec and Sara (my 2 closest friends in the academy).  We had a Salmon dinner at Alec's place with good beer (thanks Alec). We also watched the movie "the Guardian", good movie.  Janelle got me a nice outdoor rough and tough watch. 
This last weekend Janelle and I drove to a cabin out in Glacier (thank you Rob) and spent Saturday night through Monday there.  We played scrabble, watched movies, cooked meals together, went hiking, played raquetball, played ping pong and over-all just hung out!  It was so refreshing and nice to spend so much quality time with her.  I miss her already.  I have another 12 straight days of 8-5 class in front of me with a few night classes.  I do miss having a life.  I haven't gotten to fly-fish, scuba dive or play soccer since December.  Things are well and I am learning really cool important stuff.  Please feel free to give me a call or email, its great to hear from all of you!  Much Love to you all!

No comments: