Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 6

Week 6 is connected to week 7 because there was no weekend.  Hmmm lets see, last week we qualified for shotgun.  We shot buck shots and slug shots.  Pretty Cool!  I was amazed at how easy it was to aim.  I plugged the bulls-eye with all my shots, though the first shot I learned never to put my trigger hand thumb over the gun.  I punched myself on the nose on the kick-back, it hurt! :)  During defensive tactics we got to start using the hand-cuffs, so now everyone in the class has black and blue wrists.  Nothing like being cuffed 30-40 times in a day.  Every once in awhile your partner would hit you right on the wrist bone with the metal cuff and it would sting like crazy! Sunday I passed my Wildland Fire 190 certification now I need to pass my 130.  Things are moving along, though I have been pretty exhausted lately.

Janelle my sweet sweet loving wife came and visited me even though I would have classes 8-5pm through the weekend.  We had a nice Italian Dinner Saturday night, Saturday day she came to the last 4 hours of EMT-B training and took a combitube certification course and did just as well as all of us who have been trained on it recently.  She is so smart!  You all should of seen how beet red she turned when the instructor announced her and her testing ability in the class.  It was nice to have her meet more of my cadet friends.  We had a 6:30 am Denny's breakfast/study session before I went to take a test and she drove home.  She definitely provided me with extra energy (atleast mentally) for this week.  I am excited to spend Sunday Monday with her this week in a cabin in the N. Cascades.

I haven't landed a L.E Park Job yet but there is a lot of opportunity out there.  Keep praying! I miss you all and apologize that I have become such a stranger to most of you recently!

Break Time is over I need to read 2 chapters of EMT before a 14 hour day tomorrow.
~God Bless!

No comments: