Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week 4

This week was a shorter week with us having Monday off.  The test was 156 questions and I am proud to say I tied for the highest score in the class. For all of you that know my past testing ability you can understand why I was so happy about that.  Maybe it's the years that have helped me in test taking but I feel a lot more comfortable and confident with tests. Specially multiple choice :)  Tomorrow's test have to do with Mental Illnesses, suicides, sex crimes, Federal Codes and Natural Resource Law.  As you can see last week could of been a pretty depressing week but our instructors kept it lively.  Thursday and Friday was 16 hours of Intro to Firearms.  We got rubber guns and our utility belts.  We learned to take apart a AR 15 (Rifle), Shotgun and a Sig 229 9mm handgun.  It was a very interesting last 2 days and I look forward to going to the shooting range next week.  

The study group I am in meets Friday after classes where we make dinner together and pre-study to make sure we are all studying the right things over the weekend.  This last Friday we watched Police Academy (for the younger readers the movie was made in 1984)  It was awesome to watch and laugh and relate to a lot of the movie.  Unfortunately we have know real person like Tackleberry in our academy!!

Janelle drove up Saturday night and watched me show her how fast I can drawer my rubber gun.  We also went to the Skagit River Brewery with Gary and Jenny Thor (they are my "host-parents" that have been so kind to let me stay at there home for the academy.  It was really nice to sit and talk with them, unfortunately I haven't had as much time during the weeks to really just chat. Jenny has a wonderful New Zealander accent and Gary has a lot of great stories!  

That night, Janelle and I watched the movie "the mission", another old movie. Sunday we went bowling with Alec and Sara two of my new friends I have connected the most with.  Alec also went to PLU like me though we are few years apart.  It's pretty cool to be surrounded by so many people with the same interest.  It was fun for Janelle to get to know them.  The rest of the weekend was studying, working on my resume and doing homework. Oh yah... I did play the guitar a little tonight, you could say it was my personal church session.  

I hope all are well, much love!

2 comments:

Mike D. said...

"watched me show her how fast I can drawer my rubber gun."

heh.

Sara said...

Good update! Hope your well!!! :)