Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ranger Dooey

I guess I haven't posted my good news, though I have told everyone.  I was recently accepted into a Park Ranger Law Enforcement Academy that begins Dec 29th thru April 10th.  They accept about 36 "cadets" a year and I believe their are only about 7 other programs like this in the U.S.  It will be held at Skagit College in Mt. Vernon.  It is a 8-5pm boot camp m-f 30 credits and you have to be in uniform at all times.  I am pumped and doing everything I can to be in shape for it.  It's amazing how easy it is to get soar at 33.  This is a great jump start for my goal to be a law enforcement ranger in the olympic national park!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uhh....what the heck....nobody told me?? :)

Congratulations Brian.....I know you've been wanting this for a long time.

Just think, once you become a park ranger, you'll get to deal with large groups of unruly kids, who show up at 11 pm to set up camp, piss off and scare off all the neighboring campers, and drink excessively & loudly until 3 a.m. Sound familiar - LOL!