Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Kauai
Sunday 4/7/13 Day 1 I apologize for errors but I will not spend vacation trying to have perfect penmenship;)
We flew out of Seatac Alska Airlines 0730 arrived Portland 0820, flew out of Portland 1130 and 6 hours later arrived in Kauai @ 1430. Flight was good and they served us a free Mai thai J

We met dad at budget rental and then drove to Costco picking up so food and boos.  The trees and plants have been amazing. The sharp ridged mountains towards the middle of the island, it is my closest experience to a jungle.  Saw some banana trees and other fruit (wasn’t sure what it was) The hotel Waiohai (Marriot) is beautiful it is right on the water.  We have a king size bed and our sharing the room with my parents.  MJ and Mike are 2 resorts over ( 5 minute walk). We are going to try and eat most meals here to save on money but we do have some planned events. We had a few drinks and Mai Thais and then went to a burger joint called (Poipu Tropical burger?).  Food was good but they would not cook your burger any less than med-well.  They had a musician play the ukulele, of course the 1st song he played was somewhere over the rainbow, haha.  Janelle and I had a small small cup of gelato (chocolate espresso) on the walk back to the hotel.  Everyone was extremely tired from traveling so we all went to bed by 2000, which was 2300 our time.

Day2
Today we got up around 7am and went for a walk around the area and along the water, beautiful.  We saw 2 monk seals sleeping on the shore with smiles and I talked to a fishermen about shore fishing.  I am excited to try it tomorrow morning. We stayed around the “campus” most of the day today. We did go to farmers market today.  It was a crazy, people were rude ,everyone was trying to get stuff quickly.  It was amazing to see, all the different fruits were crazy, we bought lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers, onions, avocados, papaya, guava, mango, soursop (crazy looking fruit), apple bananas and a mountain apple, (that was good!!)  On our way back to the campus we stopped and had puka dogs, they were very good both Janelle and I had them with a papaya sauce. When we got back Mike Carrie Janelle and I went to the pool and hot tub and enjoyed some R&R. Later that night we grilled steaks and had a nice family dinner.  Drinks have been flowing constantly which reminds me of when we went to Mexico.  Mike and mom were in prime form, Mike did some dancing (by himself) and mom was just fun goofy.  We were all going to go back to the pool and hot tub but J and I got tired and dosed off.  Mom Dad Mike and Carrie did end up going to the pool/Hot Tub.  So I have been good about getting sleep.

Day3 Today is slow, J and I got up around 615 and made some coffee and went for our daily morning walk.  It is so nice to walk with my wife and just enjoy each other, I wish we could do this every day of our life.  We saw a hen all puffy and looked like she was sleeping but then under her chest feathers we saw 2 little legs and then out of her chest popped out a little head (kind of like out of alien but cuter) then it disappeared and then it came running out a little chick, we watched for a few minutes and then 6 more came out, you would of never known it was fun to watch.  I am still trying to find a gecko and mom has spotted four.  We are constantly looking at all the tropical fruit growing on the different trees and bushes.  I am hoping I can grow some of these plants indoor.  I will at least try.  We had a nice sausage and egg breakfast with our soursop fruit, everyone liked it but dad, its texture is a little off but I think it is just a bit over ripe.  The fruit is a giant green football with nobby things on it.  It was a white flesh and black seeds about the size of pumpkin seeds, it has a pineapple mango papaya taste, like a mixed tropical drink.  We blended some up with rum and every liked that and the rest of it I blended with rum and made ice cubes for drinks in the future, fun stuff.  It is almost 11am Mike and Carrie are not over here yet and MJ and Alex arrive at the airport at 1430.  J is taking another nap and dad is walking the campus taking pictures, mom just took a shower and got ready for the day.  I got my fishing gear ready for tomorrow morning, I would of fished this morning but I never got my gear ready, so I am set for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Time Wasted said...

I saw your post about fishing the Skykomish from 2008. Can you tell me were the 2-Bit hole is? I have been looking for it all year. Its almost impossible to get a clear answer as to it slocation.