Monday, February 15, 2010

The beginning of our new garden!

Janelle and I our pumped to have our own garden in our own yard.  Today I tilled the grass.  I believe the next step will be to get dirt, here are two pictures Janelle took, it will be fun to see the changes take place!  The garden space is 16X32 almost 3 times bigger than her garden last year in Seattle.  We think we are going to grow most of it by seed, so we only have about 3 weeks to prepare.

I am growing a Hop garden on the other side of the garage.  I have picked out 5 different hop plants to grow.  I started brewing beer last month and I am excited to grow my own hops.  I should of taken some pictures of the process but I was to focused on making sure the beer turns out great.  My friend Bud joined me on the adventure.  We bottled Saturday Feb. 13th so it will be ready to taste on the 27th.  We did taste some of it before bottling, of course it was warm and flat but it tasted really good.  We will see how it tastes in 2 weeks when its cold and has bubbles.  I can not wait!!  (it's a IPA)

No comments: